Your customers are asking about your environmental performance. They want independent verification of your claims. Applicants can choose to certify their vineyard or winery or both by implementing the rules covered in the Standards. Wines and foods (like grape skin flour and grapeseed oil) can carry the SIP Certified seal on their packaging when they are made with at least 85% SIP Certified fruit as verified by an inspection.
The following outlines why SIP Certified should be your top pick for a sustainable certification.
- SIP Certified is meaningful, measurable, and verifiable. Not everyone can meet the requirements. This will distinguish you from your peers.
- SIP Certified substantiates practices in place through third-party inspection, providing certification, not self-assessment, of sustainability.
- SIP Certified prohibits the use of high risk pesticides – differentiating it from other sustainability certifications.
- SIP Certified addresses the people aspect of sustainability. Customers care how companies treat their employees.
- SIP Certified provides regulatory relief in Regional Water Quality Control Board 3.
- SIP Certified allows the seal on the bottle of wine, unlike other sustainable certifications.
- SIP Certified provides all levels of support and a variety of materials to participants to maximize their value and increase awareness of the wine and SIP Certified seal.
Our growth and retention confirm that SIP Certified provides value to participants.
- SIP Certified acres increased from 3,700 – 40,300 acres since 2008.
- SIP Certified wines continues to grow, and is currently at 2.5M cases. Every year, new brands enter the program, and existing brands increase their portfolio of SIP Certified wines.
- 90% of SIP Certified participants continue in the program.
- Participants confirm that they have sold fruit, earned a premium for fruit, increased shelf space, garnered favorable press, and received regulatory relief as a result of SIP Certification.
For more information, contact Beth Vukmanic Lopez, SIP Certified Manager at 805-466-2288 or via email.