83% of Americans consider sustainability when buying food.* Your customers ask about environmental performance and they want independent verification of your claims. SIP Certified is a sustainable vineyard, winery, and wine certification with strict, non-negotiable requirements that helps you measure your environmental, social, and community impact while assuring your consumers that the product in their bottle was made with conscience and care.
Applicants can choose to certify their vineyard or winery or both by implementing the rules covered in the Standards. Wines can carry the SIP Certified seal on their label when they are made with at least 85% SIP Certified fruit as verified by an inspection.
- Is meaningful, measurable, and verifiable. Not everyone can achieve certification, distinguishing you from your peers.
- Substantiates practices in place through third-party inspection, providing certification, not self-assessment, of sustainability.
- Prohibits the use of high risk pesticides – differentiating it from other sustainability certifications.
- Helps you sell fruit, earn a premium for fruit, increase shelf space, and garnered favorable press.
- Provides regulatory relief in Regional Water Quality Control Board Region 3.
- Addresses the people aspect of sustainability. Customers care how companies treat their employees.
- Allows the seal on the bottle of wine, to help your customers shop sustainably.
- Has a 90% retention rate.
- Provides all levels of support and a of materials to participants to maximize their value and increase awareness of the wine and SIP Certified seal.
For more information, contact Beth Vukmanic Lopez, SIP Certified Manager at 805.466.2288 or via email.
*Cone Communications Food Issues Trend Tracker, 2014