March 29, 2017
8:00 am – 1:30 pm | Niner Wine Estates | Paso Robles, CA
This educational event is geared toward all SIP Certified teams. Whether your team works in the vineyard, tasting room, or sales, this seminar will help you maximize the value and benefits of your certification.
Sharing information with peers and experts, you will:
- Improve your communication of sustainability
- Learn about field specific sustainable practices
- View native predators, prey, and pests
- Explore free marketing and communication tools
- Learn how to manage documentation from program veterans
- Understand the research behind messaging sustainability
Free for SIP Certified attendees | $30 for non-certified attendees
8:00 – 8:30 | Registration
8:30 – 9:15 | A Sustainable Market
Learn what recent research says about consumer purchasing preferences and how to use it in the market.
- Faith Wells, Faith Wells Communications
- Joel Peterson, Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
9:30 – 11:00 | Breakout A | Certification Challenges & Solutions
Addressing challenges with vineyard and winery certification at both large and small operations.
- Molly Bollman, Niner Wine Estates
- Lucas Pope, Halter Ranch
- Bryan Wallingford, Mesa Vineyard Management
- Jessica Laughton, Mesa Vineyard Management
9:30 – 11:00 | Breakout B | What Sustainability Looks Like
Experience sustainability from native animals to the vine rows to the winery.
- Jason Yeager, Niner Wine Estates
- Zoo to You
11:00 – 11:15 | Lunch (Provided)
11:15 – 12:45 | Messaging Sustainability: Hot Questions & What Works
Find out how to explain the difference between sustainable and organic, what buyers want to know about sustainability, and help your whole team learn what it means to farm for the future.
- Jim Stollberg, Maverick Farming
- Steve McIntyre, Monterey Pacific
- Nina Lesnchsky, Ancient Peaks Winery
12:45 – 1:30 | Tools To Message Sustainability
Get free marketing and educational tools to help you message your commitment to sustainability and keep your staff in the know. Plus, hear what SIP Certified is doing in the market place from Earth Month promotions to distributor education.
- Beth Vukmanic Lopez, SIP Certified Manager