This is the prefect recipe for a quick, delicious meal pack with fresh ingredients from your garden. It took me about 30 minutes from first chop to first bite plus I have leftovers which will save me time for tomorrows dinner. You can also top the pasta with some grilled chicken or fish for added protein.
- 5 oz pasta (any kind), cooked per manufacture directions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups button mushrooms, cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/5 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes or 4 large tomatoes, cubed or 2 cans of ready cut tomatoes
- 1/5 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
Boil the pasta, drain and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, thyme and red pepper flakes. Saute covered 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in bouillon. Add flour off heat then return to the stove and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, serve over pasta topped with cheese and a glass of Hilliard Bruce Chardonnay.