February Certification Tips
What to Update this Month:
- 2: Vineyard Acquisition, Establishment, & Management
- 10: Grape Sourcing & Fruit Quality
- 12: Continuing Education
*Unless noted, documentation should reflect practices from Dec. 1, 2021, to March/July 2022.
Last Chance to Apply for the California Green Medal Award
A number of our SIP Certified members including Pisoni Family Vineyards, Scheid Family Wines, Monterey Pacific, Jackson Family Wines, and Trinchero Family Estates have been recognized for their good work with this award, and we want you to be next. As a SIP Certified member, you are eligible to apply in four award categories that recognize your outstanding achievement in sustainability.
Applications are due February 4, 2022.
- Leader Award, given to the vineyard or winery that demonstrates success and innovation in all of the below three areas of sustainable winegrowing and also inspires others.
- Environment Award, given to the vineyard or winery that best demonstrates Environmental Stewardship through maximized environmental benefits from implementing sustainable practices.
- Community Award, given to the vineyard or winery that is a Good Neighbor and Employer using the most innovative practices that enhance relations with employees, neighbors and/or communities.
- Business Award, given to the vineyard or winery that best demonstrates Smart Business through efficiencies, cost savings, and innovation from implementing sustainable practices.
Ag Order 4.0 Webinar
February 25, 2022 | 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Wondering how the new AG Order 4.0 requirements impact your vineyard?
Sara Lopez with Central Coast Water Quality Preservation, Inc reviews the requirements, new Third-Party programs, and how these all relate to grape growers so you can maintain compliance.
General topics to be covered include:
- Ag Order enrollment, annual compliance, and Third Party (Preservation, Inc.) membership
- Surface water requirements for individuals and Third-Party members; how future “Follow-Up” requirements will (or hopefully will NOT) apply to SIP growers
- Groundwater well monitoring requirements for individuals and Third-Party members (Domestic, Pre-Trend, and Trend monitoring)
- Irrigation & Nutrient Management – What’s coming in future years, and short-term Total Nitrogen Applied reporting
Share the Prohibited Materials List
Certified vineyards have a list of Prohibited Materials that cannot be sprayed on certified acres. Please share this list with anyone making spray decisions.