Join us for Office Hours
We recommend that you work on your certification a little each month to ease your workload… NEW Office Hours webinars will make it even easier!
WHAT IS AN OFFICE HOURS WEBINAR?
From December through May, SIP Certified experts and staff will host six 30-minute webinars to review 1 to 2 Standards chapters.
Each webinar will be focused on specific chapters, but feel free to bring any questions you have.
Prohibited Materials List (PML) 2024
Materials on this list have been flagged by the Department of Pesticide Regulation and cannot be used on certified acres between December 1, 2023 and November 30, 2024.
Please share this list with anyone making spray decisions at your vineyard.
Updates to next year's SIP Certified Standards
SIP Certified is a “living document” – as science, technology, and research developments become available, the Standards evolve with the expertise of Technical Advisory Committees and external peer review of the entire program every five years.
The Updates document shows changes made to the 2023 Information Package and Vineyard and Winery Standards which apply to 2024 documents.
Have you renewed for 2024?
Renewing is only a few clicks away!
- Log in.
- Click Get Started.
- Click on the name of the property.
- Click the green button to Renew.
The State Water Efficiency and Enhancement Program (SWEEP) provides financial assistance in the form of grants to implement irrigation systems that reduce greenhouse gases and save water on California agricultural operations.
Applications will be accepted in late 2023, and are due Jan. 19, 2024.
Click here to learn more.
10th Annual California Green Medal Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
California vineyards and wineries are encouraged to apply for the prestigious 2024 California Green Medal Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards.
Applications are now being accepted at greenmedal.org through Jan. 12, 2024, for the 10th annual awards, which are widely recognized throughout the wine industry.
Click here to learn more.
The SIP Certified Member Tips eNewsletter is getting a bit of a facelift for the new year!
Member Tips items will be organized into categories. Not every category will be present in every newsletter, this is just a way to organize these tips so you can easily find what you're most interested in.
- Know Your SIP: important tips and reminders for successful certification.
- Mark Your Calendar: upcoming due dates, reminders, and events.
- Keep Learning: webinars, online courses (CE opportunities!), staff training tools, podcast episodes, and Vineyard Team Tailgate Meetings (CE opportunities!).
- Database Tips: tutorials, templates, and database updates.
- Cheers!: a way for us to raise our glasses to our members.
- Featured Member Benefit: we know your schedule is busy, and deep-diving SIP Certified isn't always top of mind. We'll use this category to remind you about some benefits you get by being SIP Certified sustainable.
- What's Up at Vineyard Team?: our parent company, Vineyard Team, has been dedicated to sustainable winegrowing for nearly 30 years. We are committed to promoting the latest, science-based, grower-tested practices and information, and sharing it with like-minded wine industry professionals like you!
SIP Tip: if you "Read More" about something and want to find it later, visit the Member Tips Info Hub! All of the content from the Member Tips eNewsletter lives here.