July Certification Tips
- July 15: Complete your inspections.
- August: Certification Advisory Committee (CAC) votes on eligibility.
- Late August: Notification of eligibility.
- September/October: After certification is finalized with the payment of fees, you will receive a certification letter, certificate, marketing materials, and property a(new applicants).
- December 1: Renew certification for 2020 (takes less than 5 minutes)
- December 15:
- Vineyards complete year end 9.1.1 (July – Nov. pesticide use reports) and Chapter 14.
- Wineries complete 3.1.1 noise testing every three years.
Please note applicants are subject to a late fee ($250-$500) for documentation received by the inspector after July 25, 2021 and January 2, 2022 for year ends.
Review Inspector Comments
If your inspector needs more documentation for your Standards, they will leave notes in the database.
- Login to the database
- Click Get Started
- Click on your property
- Look for chapters with "!" and click on those chapters
- Click the subchapter with "!" (e.g 11.1: Worker Orientation and Human Resources Policies)
- Review the inspectors comments in the yellow box above the Standard and update your documentation
Update Blocks and Acres
Update your blocks and acres so there is an accurate record of what is getting certified for invoicing and wine certification.
*Acres added to certification that are contiguous to existing certified acres and greater than 20% of the currently certified acres, require a Cycle 1 full inspection.