Tips to start your SIP Certified Self-Assessment
So, you want to be a sustainable winegrower but aren’t sure where to start? SIP Certified includes the latest practices from water conservation to soil quality, recycling to human resources.
Join the thousands of winegrowers who have already completed the self-assessment. Learn what sustainable practices you are already doing and consider any practices that you are not doing to see if there are things you would like to implement this year.
How to Complete the Self-Assessment (Standards)
Watch this video to see how to answer the Standards. You do not need to upload files or type in answers to use the self-assessment. (You will complete these areas if you get certified.)
- Click Get Started
- Click your property name
- Click a chapter
- Click a subchapter
- Answer the questions
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page
By setting aside time each day, the process will be manageable without being overwhelming. Below is a list of the chapters in SIP Certified and how long it takes to answer each section.
- Conservation and Enhancement of Biological Diversity (15 minutes)
- Vineyard Acquisition, Establishment and Management (20 minutes)
- Winery Facility Establishment and Management (5 minutes)
- Vineyard Soil Conservation and Surface Water Quality (15 minutes)
- Water Conservation and Quality (15 minutes)
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency (10 minutes)
- Pollution and Waste (10 minutes)
- Purchasing, Recycling, and Waste Reduction (5 minutes)
- Pest Management (15 minutes)
- Grape Sourcing and Fruit Quality (5 minutes)
- Social Equity (15 minutes)
- Continuing Education (10 minutes)
- Business Management (10 minutes)
- Year-End Water and Nitrogen Use Reports (20 minutes)
Thanks for joining us and taking your sustainability to the next level.
If you are ready to tout your sustainable practices in the market, you can convert your self-assessment into certification at any time. It is quick and easy. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.