So, you want to be a sustainable winegrower?
So, you want to be a sustainable winegrower but aren’t sure where to start? SIP Certified includes the latest practices from water conservation to soil quality, recycling to human resources, and so much more! Use the Self-Assessment to learn what it takes to become a certified sustainable winegrower.
Join the thousands of winegrowers who have already completed the Self-Assessment! Learn what sustainable practices you are already doing, and consider any practices that you are not doing to see if there are things you would like to implement this year.
How to Complete the Self-Assessment (Standards)
How to complete the Standards:
- Log in to the Database
- Click Get Started
- Click your property name
- Click a chapter
- Click a subchapter
- Answer the questions
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page
- Revisit your answers in the future to see how your sustainability has improved!
By setting aside a little bit of time each day, the process of completing the Standards will be manageable without being overwhelming. Below is a list of the SIP Certified chapters and how long it takes to answer each one.
- Conservation and Enhancement of Biological Diversity (15 minutes)
- Vineyard Acquisition, Establishment, and Management (20 minutes)
- Winery Facility Establishment and Management (5 minutes)
- Vineyard Soil Conservation and Surface Water Quality (15 minutes)
- Water Conservation and Quality (15 minutes)
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency (10 minutes)
- Pollution and Waste (10 minutes)
- Purchasing, Recycling, and Waste Reduction (5 minutes)
- Pest Management (15 minutes)
- Grape Sourcing and Fruit Quality (5 minutes)
- Social Equity (15 minutes)
- Continuing Education (10 minutes)
- Business Management (10 minutes)
- Year-End Water and Nitrogen Use Reports (20 minutes)
Thank you for showing your care for the people and the planet through your sustainable winegrowing practices!